Thursday 12 April 2012

Graphics Test

Because the last post got to be more complicated than I'd hoped, you might have given up trying to the sort real Magenta from the fake and I wouldn't blame you.

It's just something I do without thinking and it was only when I got to it that I realised I should cover it.

My Apologies for the mess.

As a compensation, here are the new icon sheets  - Objects Standard Master (no transparency) which goes in artwork.
And objects.png (with transparncy) which goes in media
The test code we had previously already used frame 1, so no change is needed in the program.
Now if you look really closely at the icon
You might notice that it appears to have a feint magenta edge - even though we went to all that trouble to clean the image up.

It's particularly strange when you consider that the source image does not contain any magenta at all.  Where it was magenta is now transparent.

This is because the icon is being scaled up to fit the display and part of the scaling process is softening the edges by using an internal filter to blend the edge pixel with it's neighbour.

It seems that when the neighbour is transparent, it is seeing the colour behind the transparency for this process.  I will come back to this at a later time.

Quite frankly I'm sick to death of Magenta now anyway ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment