Thursday 5 April 2012

Back To Basics

Beginners All Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code - BASIC

Basic was the first programming language I learnt - back then it was the first language most people learned  - and it's probably my strongest language.

Over the years, I picked up more languages, Pascal, Fortran, Cobol, C, Assembly language, Perl etc to name a few, but always maintained a fondness for basic.

By some strange coincidence, the basic language was created in the same year I was, but don't go looking that up or you'll just make me feel old.

When I was in full-time employment, I used to do a bit of programming for fun - yes I also got drunk and did other stuff for fun, but programming was my main creative outlet.

Over the last couple of years, I used a product called Dark Basic Pro (  http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2000 , which is produced by the same company that created AGK.  The Game Creators.
When AGK was released, I was naturally interested in seeing what it was and what it could do, so downloaded the trial version to give it a look.   The results were very impressive

No comments:

Post a Comment